The Windmill Point Lighthouse (#6 of 129) is located in Mariner Park at the entrance of the Detroit River from Lake St Clair on Michigan’s eastern shore.
Location: Detroit River
Coordinates: 42°21′27″N 82°55′54″W
Structure: Riveted Steel Plate and Concrete
Year First Lit: 1848 (1st Lighthouse), 1875 (2nd Lighthouse), 1933 (Current Lighthouse)
Height: 45 feet (14 m) (Current Lighthouse)
Lens: 6th Order Fresnel (Current Lighthouse)
Fun Fact: In addition to the three lighthouses over the years at Windmill Point there were also two sets of range lights. The latter set of these was moved to the St Marys River in 1930 becoming the Lower Nicolet Range (#90 of 129).
Owned and maintained by Detroit Recreation Department